Razorleaf offers and supports 3dxtools for 3DEXPERIENCE by Design Rule. This tool significantly reduces the implementation time by delivering pre-built and configurable OOTB enhancements to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, resulting in faster implementations and higher returns on PLM investments. We will discuss the 3dxdesigner utility, a component of 3dxtools, and how it can be used to manage configuration changes between 3DEXPERIENCE environments.
The 3dxtools suite significantly enhances the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform by providing:
- Web-based configuration instead of customization
- Creation of real-world triggers and automation
- A comprehensive job processing solution
- A powerful 2D PDF processing & stamping solution
- An easy to configure ‘enterprise’ integration solution
Within the 3dxdesigner application, the key benefits are:
- Minimal installation footprint with no additions to the database.
- Simple and easy to use interface.
- Analysis tool to compare current configuration with one in the database.
- Simple export and import capabilities.
- Selection of admin objects that can be loaded
For deployments in which many configurations will be necessary and multiple environments will be deployed (such as test/development/qa/production), it can be a struggle to manage changes between environments. These changes can quickly become out of sync and cause real problems.
3dxdesigner was developed to allow users a simpler approach to managing 3DEXPERIENCE configurations by simplifying the creation and installation to a 3DEXPERIENCE implementation. This is accomplished by allowing configurations to be saved to a readable, intelligible XML file and allowing a configuration to be created and/or modified simply by creating or modifying existing XML files.
The 3dxdesigner accomplishes this simpler management by exporting a configuration to XML files from the 3DEXPERIENCE system, then loading XML files into the application to compare the saved configuration with the configuration in the database and importing an XML configuration into a 3DEXPERIENCE system. The 3dxdesigner application also allows a user to select which administrative objects the user wishes to export, not just an all or nothing approach.
To learn more about 3dxtools and the 3dxdesigner, contact us and we will connect you with the right expert.